Article processing charges (APCs)
Journal of Micropalaeontology is committed to the open-access model of publishing. This ensures free web access to the results of research and maximum visibility for published papers. However, it requires the author or a supporting institution to pay the costs of the review process, typesetting, web publication, and long-term archiving. These article processing charges (APCs) are categorized according to the submitted material and levied for the publication of the final journal paper.
The following APCs are valid for any manuscript submitted from 1 January 2024. Manuscripts submitted before this date are charged €65/70 net per page or €55/60 net per page (TMS member rate1):
|Price per page (TMS member rate1)||Price per page||Description|
|Category 1||€59 net||€69 net||LaTeX submissions using the Copernicus Publications LaTeX Package|
|Category 2||€64 net||€73 net||Word submissions using the Copernicus Publications Word template|
|English language copy-editing is included in the article processing charges.|
1 If the first contact author, second contact author, or the corresponding author is a member of TMS, they are eligible for the member rate.
What is included in the article processing charges?
- all online tools for authors, editors, and reviewers;
- professional processing of figures;
- typesetting, editing, and formatting in PDFLaTeX;
- English language copy-editing
- immediate open-access publication of each article;
- article alert service;
- indexing in international scientific databases and reference services;
- long-term archiving via Portico and CLOCKSS, as well as a number of national libraries.